As part of our Work Skills program we provide the following skills to our students:
a. In School Work Skills
- Sitting at a workstation for an extended period of time.
- Completing simple repetitive tasks.
- Following verbal and visual instructions.
- Staying on task until break times.
- Returning to work after break times independently.
- Learning from mistakes made.
b. Work Experience at a Workplace
- As above, but in a real workplace.
- Communicating with unfamiliar people in a workplace.
- Dressing appropriately for a workplace.
- Working independently of their support person.
- Taking instructions from workplace staff members.
- Socialising with their work mates, independently of support staff.
High Needs Sensory Program – Work Skills
Kenwick School has a highly developed a Sensory Program to assist our students with Sensory Processing Disorders or who are working in the Sensory-Motor Stage.
The Program focuses principally on the tactile, olfactory, gustatory, vestibular, visual and auditory sensory development needs of our students.